- Brown, M.K., Hershock, C., Finelli, C.J., O’Neal, C. “Teaching for Retention in Science, Engineering, and Math Disciplines: A Guide for Faculty,” CRLT Occasional Papers, University of Michigan, 2009. http://www.crlt.umich.edu/publinks/CRLT_no25.pdf
- Davis, B.G. (1993) “Diversity and Complexity in the Classroom: Considerations of Race, Ethnicity, and Gender,” Tools for Teaching, Office for Educational Development, UC Berkeley, last modified 11 April 2002, http://teaching.berkeley.edu/bgd/diversity.html
- “Guidelines for Facilitating Difficult Dialogue,” Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching, Iowa State University, http://www.celt.iastate.edu/dd/guidelines.html.
- Rendón, L. I. (2009). Sentipensante (sensing/thinking) pedagogy: Educating for wholeness, social justice and liberation. Sterling, Va.: Stylus Pub.
- “Teaching for Inclusion: Diversity in the College Classroom,” Center for Teaching and Learning, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1997. http://cfe.unc.edu/pdfs/TeachforInclusion.pdf
- Dana Collette, “Critical Thought & Inquiry through Progressive Case Studies [focus on diversity]” Art of Teaching: Engaging Students in Inquiry Learning, Vancouver Island University, http://www.viu.ca/iel/teachlearn/art_of_teaching_2/vignette_3.asp