- Cara Bradley and Eric Green, “Four Corners Teaching Strategy,” Centre for Teaching and Learning Blog, University of Regina, 9 March 2011. http://www.uregina.ca/ctl/blog/four-corners-teaching-strategy
- Lee Haugen, “Suggestions for Leading Small-group Discussions,” Center for Teaching Excellence, Iowa State University (March 1998), http://www.celt.iastate.edu/teaching/small_group.html
- Jeffrey McClurken, “Student Contracts for Digital Projects,” Chronicle for Higher Education (March 2, 2010), http://chronicle.com/blogs/profhacker/student-contracts-for-digital-projects/23011
- Andrew J. Petto, “Promoting Higher-Order Learning in the Large Lecture, General Education Classroom [think/pair/share with clickers in intro bio],” Making an Impact on Student Learning: Teaching and Assessing with Purpose, Center for Instructional and Professional Development, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, 2007. http://www4.uwm.edu/cipd/resources/cipd_publications/upload/2007.pdf
- “Four S Team Discussion Activities,” Center for Teaching and Learning, University of Texas at Austin, June 21, 2011, http://www.utexas.edu/academic/ctl/largeclasses/#4sactivities
- Tough Question: “I teach in a large lecture hall,” National Institute for Science Education – College Level One, Wisconsin Center for Education Research, School of Education, University of Wisconsin-Madison, last modified November 1, 1997, http://www.wcer.wisc.edu/archive/cl1/cl/question/TQ9.htm
- Eric Mazur, “HILT 47,” Harvard channel, YouTube, 23 May 2013.
Mazur discusses his Hauser Grant project (Transforming education through computer vision analysis and automated assessment) where he plans to develop tools for automatically analyzing student behaviour, promoting richer interactions between students and teachers, and optimizing peer instruction in large lecture classes.
- Curt Bonk, “Fostering Online Collaboration and Teaming,” (video, feedback and resources) Instructional Consulting, Indiana University Bloomington, http://www.indiana.edu/~icy/media/de_series/collaboration.html
- “Managing a Large Lecture Class Discussion,” Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching, Iowa State University, last modified February 9, 2011, http://www.celt.iastate.edu/teaching/video/managing-discussion.html
- “Team-Based Learning: Group Work that Works,” Center for Teaching and Learning, University of Texas at Austin, June 21, 2011, http://www.utexas.edu/academic/ctl/largeclasses/#tbl
- Janna Quitney Anderson and Lee Rainey, “Gamification: Experts expect ‘game layers’ to expand in the future, with positive and negative results,” Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project, Pew Research Center, Washington, D.C. May 18, 2012. http://pewinternet.org/~/media//Files/Reports/2012/PIP_Future_of_Internet_2012_Gamification.pdf.
- Susan Oaks, “Real Learning in a Virtual World [collaborative learning in an introductory business communications course],” Higher Education Teaching and Learning Portal, June 1, 2011, http://hetl.org/2011/06/01/real-learning-in-a-virtual-world
- Ann M. Solan and Nikolaos Linardopoulos, “Development, Implementation, and Evaluation of a Grading Rubric for Online Discussions” JOLT,
Vol. 7, No.4, December 2011.
- SWoRD, free resource for peer review of writing: http://www.lrdc.pitt.edu/schunn/sword/about.html